Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Slow your role!

I used to think that our family was ordinary, but started to realize we were outside the social norm when peoole would ask so many interesting and sometimes colorful questions with amazment. We always get the usual questions like, "don't you know what causes that?" Which we would reply (thanks to my aunts suggestion), "Yes! It's because we wash our underwear together". We always get a giggle from that one.

I really do enjoy my family. Not 100% of the time, but pretty close. I would be lying if I didnt say I had days where I just want to go on strike. Whether you have 1 child or 100, any human needs a break and has a bad day. some days I feel super human, like I can move mountains. Other days I feel like everything is trying to devour me. Bills, house, cleaning, cooking, errands, outings, playdates....ugh the list goes on. I sometimes forget to just enjoy things. But then sometimes something happens, and one of my kids can be doing something simple or something to make me laugh (which happens often with a house of many kids) and I am reminded that I need to just breath. Shut the phones off, the techie devices, tv's and constent worries of the day, and just soak up the moment, that moment. Kids grow up so quickly, everyone always says it and sees it, but never just makes time to slow things down and just soak it in.

My uncle wrote me tonight and told me that problems and worries pass and become forgotten. How true that is. Right now in our life that isnt so easy to remember. I am a constent worrier and spend so much of my time fretting and I forget that I would make better use of my time if I would just slow my mind and busy schedule for the finer things, like my kids. Obviously we cant live care free always, but kids are the best teachers for being fun and fancy free. They find joy in simplicity. We should all be so lucky.

So take a moment, each day or each week, and just make sure you clear the clutter from your life and just make it simpler and remember to just breath once in awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment