Monday, December 30, 2013

Promises, Promises, Promises.

Its that time of year again! The time of year when everyone looks backwards to see all of the things they never started, accomplished, forgot, or just plain fizzled out on. Its also the time people are hopeful for a better year.

I have sat an wondered what half sincere promise I could make myself that would work for me. I have tried the diet promise (didnt work, I like food to much), I tried to be more organized (didnt work, I have the attention and organizational skills of a squirrel). I tried to be more carefree (again it didnt work, im always naturally a stressful person and worry non stop). The list goes on, but you get the idea. I have always done things with good intentions and start off well, until things got in the way, or I got to busy, or plain just got tired of trying. So this year I made a promise not to make promises to myself. Not to fail myself even one more time and feel guilty at the end of the year. 

Im not upset in the least that I have given up on trying to make once a year promises. Not one bit! Im rather glad that I wont see the disappointment at the end of the year when I realize I have waisted yet another year on a broken promise. I am not making promises to myself, no sir! I am opening my new year up to God.

Oh yeah, we went straight to the almighty with this next year! I plan on continuing my path with Jesus, his teachings, ministry work, enlightenment and love. Who better to make a promise to then the almighty. The one who created me, knows me, loves me for all my faults, and shows me grace every day. There is so much more then just myself, and I plan to find it with Him. Im tired of feeling like I fail, like I am alone, like I cant get my head above water. I need someone to help me through next year, someone to continue to give me hope, grace, love, and most of all direction! I love my husband dearly, but his shoulders are only so broad. God carries limitless amounts of burdens because He is great. I will worship Him, lead by example, and learn. I will do this not only in 2014, but in every year after because I realize I am a work in progress. Whats the saying? "Rome wasnt built in a day". I will no longer be an empty promise to myself but rather a daughter of the one true King.

Create in me a clean heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Cast me not away from your presence,
and take not your Holy Spirit from me.
Psalms 51: 10-11

No comments:

Post a Comment