Saturday, May 10, 2014

A new day, a new way.

Re-evaluation of ones life is often a sign of desperation after failed attempts. In recent months I have committed myself to changes for the better to live a fuller and happier life. One of those things was to spend more time in learning Gods words and applying them to my life. We have faced many difficult times in the last year and half ranging in severity, and have been learning to deal with it in ways that would be pleasing to God. It has made a HUGE difference in how we view things and how we react to things. I have been carving out quiet time for group bible study, private bible study, church attendance, volunteer work, and a new addition....getting healthy. It really is amazing how God can open you up and transform you, to re-purpose you.

After going through a verse in 1 Corinthians I was awakened to the thought of God wanting me to not only better understand his words, but to be better all around. Inside and out! I began to feel like my life wasn't being taken whole heartedly. I don't show signs of someone who has taken my health or life seriously. I am considered morbidly obese in medical standards. Those aren't exactly words that scream "thank you Jesus for giving up your life so I can live!" It's more like "thank you Jesus for giving up your life so I can enjoy this entire cake".

In 1 Corinthians 24-27 it says "Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. " 

I want that prize of a possible long life. I want that prize of heaven for living a life served to please God.  I was being called to get healthy not only for God, but for myself, my children and my husband. We are all quite a "round" family and it just didn't seem to me like God would want us to be. We should be eating to live, not living to eat. I want to be healthy and use that as a way to testify to people about God's great work. I have struggled with my weight since I was a teen and nothing could keep it in check. Who better to guide me then The Almighty?! 

1 Corinthians 3:61 says " Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that Gods spirit dwells in you?" I want God's spirit to live fully in me and for Him to have a good, sturdy and Godly dwelling. Not one that jiggles and sags!  I want to radiate God's love for me. To do that, I will be taking a journey every day to a better way and a better me, for His Glory and to please Him. I have days when I fail, days when I am successful, but all of them are spent for Him.










1 comment:

  1. Well said Kristin and prayers for a successful journey!

    ReplyDelete